Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A New Level Of Just Being A Mom

       Lets be honest when your kids are running around with goldfish and sippy cups the world seems a bit less confusing.  They smile and laugh and cry.  They run around with out realizing how much energy they sap out of you.  They are precious and loving and sassy and cute.  The concerns we have for them, is if they are getting enough veggies and sleep.  

Then along the way, somehow they evolve into the most amazing  nearly independent creatures.  How does this happen?  Was I prepared for teens?  Absolutely not!!!  I thought maybe, it would help being a young mother, and remembering High School all to well. Somehow its so different when you are talking about your own kids!  Who would have thought?  


 To be perfectly honest, I am blessed.  Even though my kids were under my wing longer than most, they have developed their very own personalities.  Its amazing to watch them leave my car every morning, and wonder to myself how will they handle that day and what challenges will they face?  Pressures and ideals thrown at them daily.  Its not easy and they handle it with stride. I often go to sleep wondering what kind of adults they will become.  

  Its fun to see them grow and tackle obstacles.  I wish I could say I know what I am doing but most of the time I don't.  All we can do is guide and nurture and share our own challenges and pray that they don't make the same mistakes as we once did.  Obviously they will have their share, of mistakes.  That is okay, I believe because we grow from that and become the people God designed for us to be.  

  As we forge ahead in this Journey, I can say that there are moments that cause me to stress and worry and then there are moments that simply take your breath away...........

No comments:

Post a Comment