Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cherished Blessings

    Our Christmas Story is no different than yours. The only difference this year for us, is that we were far away from our loved ones and it was somewhat bittersweet.  I could Blog about how wonderful and precious these moments are.  Truth is it was not as cozy as most Christmas years. I couldn't get into the Spirit as much this year. I have not quite put my finger on why, until now.

     I have no excuse, we are blessed beyond our means.  The shift from moving from a beautiful small town, to the city has been really difficult.  There is so much to be said for the support and closeness of dear friends.  As I reflect on that today I am so filled with beautiful memories.  I have those to hold onto.  I don't mean to sounds ungrateful for being here, and what we have accomplished in such little time.  The kids have had some amazing opportunities and have learned so much.

    What I will say is this.  Without the support and love that we had over the years, this would not be possible.  The experiences and the nurturing that we coveted through our younger years in Hollister.  My Mom has been a huge encouragement in reminding me, that I have the best of friends and amazing support.For these things, I am truly honored.  

   What God has in store here, He unfolds very slowly.  I also know that this Odyssey is not going to be met without resistance.  There are struggles and often times, I long to sit and enjoy a moment with Kristy  at lunch or sit in Kara's kitchen and watch her bake a beautiful cupcake.  So many friends that lifted and encouraged me daily. The funny part is when your surrounded and emerged in it you don't  see the amazingness of it all. As I write this I am crying.  These moments are so precious.  Gifts from God that I will never let go of.

     Christmas Eve service, I sat as we sang to God for the gift of His Son Jesus. My arms around my kids listening to them sing from their hearts.  Its then that I realized no matter where we are, our loved ones are with us, in our hearts in our laughter and in who we are.  So I say thank you to all of our dear friends that have been such an amazing part of our lives. May we always cherish what we have and thank God for our Blessings, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment