Sunday, December 8, 2013

Don't Ever Change

   
Laugh with me……..

   Yesterday I was reminded by a dear friend how important and healing it is to laugh.   Is it socially acceptable to be silly sometimes? I don't care if it's not. Yes I don't care.  I'm not the kind of mom who takes life too seriously.  
We need the healing that comes from laughing and letting go sometimes.  
   The other night, I watched my friend wrestle with her 14 year old son on the frosty wet grass.  She could have denied him the chance. She didn't though.  I love to laugh and be silly with my kids.  There is always time for it.  Its real and creates beautiful memories. 
   I thanked my friend the next day for allowing me to see that there are other Mothers that feel the same as I do.   She responded with this simple truth. Life needs moments, like these to balance out the difficult ones.  If not what would make this life enjoyable?  
  Having felt a bit guilty for being to much of a fun mom, I confided in her.  Her response was a gift.  Don't ever change!  Balance the tough days with love and laughter, and be true to yourself.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment